Monday, April 07, 2008

First ever MadRatRubber Mania challenge!


I’ve been wanting to do something like this for a while now, so I thought it would be a good time to launch my very 1st challenge in conjunction with the release of 49 new images. The sale on these images ends on April 10th, so if you haven’t checked out the sale page yet & you want to participate in the challenge, you’ve got to go buy some stamps! You can always purchase them after the sale ends but ya might as well get’m on sale! Once I have the new images put into their proper categories on the web site, I’ll have the new stuff marked so you’ll know which ones apply to the challenge once the sale ends.

Here are the details,

This is an open challenge, all that I require is;

1.You must use at least 1 if not more, of my New images, (which means you have to have purchased the stamps from MadRatRubber)

2. You must agree to let me use a photo of your entry on my blog & in my MadRat Rubber Gallery. All copyrights/ownership of artwork remain with the creators and I can't be held responsible for any unauthorized copying or distribution of your images from either of my sites. Ya put stuff on the web & there's no controlling it! Submitting an entry into the challenge is your consent!

3. Entry must be received by May 30th 2008, yeah, I know, that’s along way off but the new rubber won’t be ready for mailing out until the last full week of April. And I don’t know about the rest of you but I like to have a little time to work on my projects!

Style, subject matter & media are totally open. I just want to see what you can do with my stamps! Feel free to combine your project with other challenges, if you do the Gothic Arch challenge, use some of my stamps & enter it here, working on an altered book? Send in a photo of the finished page where you’ve used my stamps. Like to stamp on fabric or in clay? Send me a photo of the finished piece; I don’t care what you make just as long as it incorporates at least one of my New stamp images purchased at MadRatRubber!

You do not have to send in your artwork, just make sure you send a good photo, if you have a blog, post your entry on your blog, let me know it’s there & I’ll come copy & paste it onto my blog, (with a link back to your blog). If you don’t have a blog, email your photo or point me to your online photo account. No more than 2 entries per person. If you enter something early on & decide you want to enter something else instead, let me know & I'll remove the previous entry & add the new one. I'll post all entries on this blog so everybody can participate in the Popular Vote Category. No anonymous voters, everyone will need to sign in with names, blog &/or contact info. I will be the sole judge for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes.
After the May 30th deadline, I'll open the popular vote for 2 weeks before announcing the prizes.

And Yes, here will be prizes!

1st place $50.00 in rubber credit
2nd place $35.00 in rubber credit
3rd place $20.00 in rubber credit
& the Popular Vote winner gets $25.00 rubber credits

Prizes are rubber credits @ MadRatRubber, meaning you’ll have a credit on the books for your prize amount, to be applied towards the purchase of rubber stamps. Shipping cost will be the responsibility of the winner.

I reserve the right to have complete control over this challenge, heh heh. I have no idea what kind of response I'll get to this so it may be extended if not enough people participate or I may have to move the deadline up if I get totally swamped!

Check out the sale now..

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, I'd love to participate! However, I am broke for an undetermined amount of time :-( I'll be sure to participate if I'm blessed with money soon. Great idea though :)

    -Angela
    funkycatstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a fabulous idea!!! Now I'm even more excited for my order to come in!!!!

    ReplyDelete