Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Sneak peak ...

This is a sneak peak of a project that I'm working on. It's going to take me a while to finish it because, well, I have so little time and so much to do. In the past month and 1/2, I've sanded, cleaned & re-stained the deck, replaced rotted wood on 2 exterior doors, sanded & repainted the trim on a total of 4 exterior doors, re-painted the exterior of a large shed & pulled copious weeds. During that time I had a little hand surgery to boot as I have/had a trigger finger. All the work around the house is in preparation for someone to buy my house - anyone - please?

Okay, enough wining, back to the project. The leaves you see above are made from Grungeboard, I painted it, stamped it with one of the leaf stamps from the Flower Set, cut them out, did a little inking for good measure and am in the process of stitching the details with thread. I have approx. 18 - 36 of them to finish. The white & green thing in the background is one of the cup & saucers that I added to my inventory a while back. So far I've painted the saucer green & will attach the leaves to it once I've finished with them. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with it next as that's as far as I've gotten with the design aspects. I'll post more when I move the project along a bit.

If you're unfamiliar with Grungeboard, it's "A compressed, flexible sheet of dingy material that can be painted, inked, sanded, hammered or grunged" I'd add sewn to that description as well. This is a Tim Holtz / Idea-ology product and one that I think has lots of possible uses. I'd have to say I think it's one of his more interesting products. I've added quite a few others from the Idea-ology line to my inventory, you can find them all on this page, MadRat Rubber Tim Holtz and I've also been adding them to my Etsy store, MadRatMiscellanea.

Although it may be getting a little late for adding Halloween images to your projects, I thought I’d mention that I’d added a small selection of New Halloween images to the inventory back in September. There are 22 in all, 3 black cats, a smattering of skeletons, some Pumpkinheads and a few other miscellaneous offerings. If you're interested and as a little added incentive, any orders placed with MadRatRubber, with a subtotal of at least $25 will get a free Mini Mask (shown below) while supplies last.

No comments:

Post a Comment