Saturday, April 17, 2010

Alice overstock sale, new products & more news

Things have been very busy around here lately, I’ve finally got some new products listed on MadRat Rubber, repaired a bunch of bad links and added a new section of stamp sets & posted an overstock sale on Alice in Wonderland stamps.

First off - The Alice in Wonderland sale is 20% off select overstocked stamps, once the inventory is reduced to normal they’ll be removed from the sale so shop early for best selection.

If you haven't seen the movie - go, it's loosely based on the original books, but seems to be more of a cross between them & The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. Beddor wrote "The Looking Glass Wars" trilogy which is "the real story of Alice" (I've only read the 1st book so far) but Tim Burtons story line made me think of Beddor's story. It's an imaginative re-telling of a classic. So, go see the movie, 'cause, personally, I think just about anything Tim Burton does is worth seeing. And if you haven't read Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass, I highly recommend you do. They're classics everyone should read - IMHO.

Okay, so as long as I'm recommending books, check out "The Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" another trilogy that takes a classic, "The Wizard of Oz" and re-imagines it brilliantly.

Secondly - The new stuff I've added is a selection of PinkPaislee products which includes clear stamps, a couple of papers, some patterned tapes, rub on transfers and my favorite, Artisan Elements. The elements are embellishments that are made out of polymer clay, at least, I’m guessing that’s what it is. They’re approx. a 1/16” thin (thicker in some areas) flexible detailed pieces in 3 styles (alphabets, swirls & frames) that can be altered with paint, ink, markers etc. If you’ve ever stamped into polymer clay than that’s what these are like. Thin enough to use on cards but would also be cool on altered books or shrines, they're flexible so they could even be attached to something cylindrical.

Queen Bee Clear Stamps

Artisan Elements - Swirls

Thirdly - The new stamp sets section is just that, all the stamp sets that are available, in one place.

And lastly, In the coming months, MadRat Rubber will be relocating. I'm in the process of completing some remodeling to get my house ready to put up for sale and will be moving back home to Louisiana. I've lived in New Mexico for over 20 years & though I absolutely love it here, it's time for me to re-acquaint myself with my home state. This is a move that's been planned for some time but since the recent loss of my husband I need to relocate as soon as I'm able.

What this means to my customers is that, for the time being, there may be slight delays in getting orders processed and not much happening as far as new products or sales, etc. I have been & will be, busy working my butt off getting the house ready and packing up years of stuff. I'm sure many among you know what it's like to contemplate packing up a studio full of treasures collected for assemblage work!

Of course, once the house sells and I'm preparing to move I will have to shut down completely as far as processing orders, the website will remain "open" but any orders placed will not ship until I can unpack my boxes. I will be sending out notices to my mailing list as things progress.

Thanks for your continued business & your patience, when the dust has settled on all this upheaval I hope to be posting on a more regular basis. ‘Till then, happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment