Monday, June 29, 2009

Fish Mail



I've been having bit of fun lately creating some mail art. I made the fish above for my Dad for Father's Day. He has been a long time stamp collector so I thought he'd get a kick out of receiving this in the mail. I cut the fish shape out of 1/4" Masonite and used paper, ribbon & charms from Paula's Kit Club and some MadRat Rubber stamps to doll it up. I was a little afraid of sending my fish off without an enclosure so I had the brilliant idea to use my (MadRat Rubber) fish net stamp & staz on black ink on a clear bag as the "net" for my fish to travel in. I only had to stamp one side leaving the address side clear for the postman to read but the net effect shows through the back. To top it off, the post office just happened to have some dolphin stamps - a perfect bit of serendipity!
P.S. The new Wizard of Oz stamps are now in stock and I've added a new page called Electronica that has vintage circuit boards And I've recently added new papers & ribbons. I've got lots more interesting items to add as soon as I can get them photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment