Tuesday, March 10, 2009

At long last...

At long last, I have a smidgen of free time. Since the 1st of the year I've been absorbed in finishing up several pieces for my show at Mariposa Gallery in Albuquerque, NM. I have shown there for many years & have been included in many theme show but this is my 1st solo show with them. The piece above is one of my favorites & the last piece finished. I'm extremely happy with the way they all came out. I've posted the rest of the pieces on my website if you'd like to take a peek, MadRatStudio.

Spoiler Alert!

I mailed out the prizes for the OWOH drawing, I think, the last week of Feburary. (Time has a way of getting away from me) I haven't heard back from anyone one yet so I'm assuming they're still in the mail stream. I've posted the photos of the envelopes below, so if you're expecting one & want to be surprised, don't look any further! I did remove the names & addresses so technically on one knows who's getting what.
These are all envelopes so once postage stamps were added some of the design elements were covered up. Unfortunately I didn't get to scan them with the stamps since I needed to check with the post office for proper postage. All the stamped images used are from my rubber stamp business, MadRatRubber, except for the address box below the woman's feet on the envelope below. The other design elements are rub ons from various companies (including a couple that I carry in my shop) ribbon that's been stamped on, blue raffia ribbon & the grunge board stars which I inked in red & embossed. I even stitched around the edges of 2 of them with my sewing machine, I've always wanted to try that! I had a lot of fun with these & look forward to having time to do more. I hope the recipients like them.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

4 comments:

  1. Lucky lucky winners. Your piece is beautiful. Wish I could see it in person.

    Anji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you could too, photographs just don't have the same impact. Thanks for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi gretchen
    my OHOW are here!!!!! YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEE
    the envie is sooo arty and very cool
    and i love the letter stamps now to get out some ink and play :)
    many thanks
    enjoy your day
    tabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay me! I received the bottom one in the mail. What a treat. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete