Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Year & a new beginning...

The new year is off to a good start & things are finally settling back into the groove. I've neglected my blog for the past 2 months (almost to the day) in order to concentrate on my upcoming show in March, and taking care of business and getting ready for our annual trip to Louisiana to visit family for the holiday's.

Before we left I received some artwork from one of my customers. It's always fun to see what people do with the stamps they purchase. The 2 below are from Ann S. otherwise known as Lady & the Stamp.

I managed to get the piece of mail art below in the post to her as thanks, the day before we left on our trip. It was one of those last minute things I was determined to do before we left town. I hope she received it, Thanks Ann!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I've been back in town, I've been busy updating the MadRatRubber website. I still have more new items to add but thought I'd give a little sneak peak of one of the doll heads that I've added. I picked up a nice assortment of these vintage German china doll heads. They're approx a hundred years old, give or take a few years, and were dug out of the ground in Germany.

I have 7 currently listed but do have more to add. These are great for making assemblage style dolls. As soon as I get a chance, I'll do a little show n tell on how I plan to prepare them for my own projects. These are now on their own Doll Parts page on the website along with some vintage legs from the same area.

As one last bit, I thought I show you the painting I picked up while antiquing with my sister in Louisiana, I think it's appropriate as an illustration of the new year.

Behind the woman's startled &/or apprehensive look, are 3 doors, she doesn't know what's behind them or where they lead. It's a lot like this new year, with the economy in a mess & all the talk of doom & gloom, no one knows quite what to expect. Here's hoping things won't be as bad as predicted & that peace & prosperity will find us before the year is out!

Hope your New Year is Bright & Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment