Monday, June 09, 2008

More MadRat Mania Entries

"Dream"

Dreams of cupcakes & crowns and flowers & flight! Sent in by Sherry S. She used Crowned Alice & the White Rabbit from the Alice in Wonderland section of MadRat Rubber. Find out more about what she used in this piece & see more of her work @ Esprit*d'Art. Thanks Sherry!

I received this card in the mail from Linn P. She used my Owls stamp found in the Animals & Halloween pages of MadRatRubber. Thanks Linn!


Scroll Pin by Jen Worden. She used my Frog Skeleton stamp, not sure how she did this but be sure to visit her web, she's got some great challenges. There's a couple that I've been meaning to do but haven't found the time yet. She just posted some really cool etched pieces, (one of which used my Perch Skeleton stamp). I've been dying to try some etching for ages. Hopefully I'll get be some etching supplies (and time) before too much longer. Thanks Jen!



And now for something completely different!
These are headlines that my husband came across on the web, we got a good laugh off them so I'd thought I'd share.
  1. Include Your Children When Baking Cookies
  2. Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Experts Say
  3. Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
  4. Drunks Get Nine Months in Violin Case
  5. Iraqi Head Seeks Arms
  6. Is There a Ring of Debris around Uranus?
  7. Prostitutes Appeal to Pope
  8. Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
  9. British Left Waffles on Falkland Islands
  10. Teacher Strikes Idle Kids
  11. Clinton Wins Budget; More Lies Ahead
  12. Plane Too Close to Ground, Crash Probe Told
  13. Miners Refuse to Work After Death
  14. Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
  15. Stolen Painting Found by Tree
  16. Two Sisters Reunited after 18 Years in Checkout Counter
  17. War Dims Hope for Peace
  18. If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last a While
  19. Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
  20. Man Struck by Lightning Faces Battery Charge
  21. New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
  22. Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Space
  23. Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
  24. Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
  25. Typhoon Rips through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead

Our remodel is coming along just fine, this weekend we got the new floor put in & attached the new baseboards. Today we changed out the ugly beige outlet & switches & installed the new toilet. We're back to being a 2 potty family, Yaa! If you want to see our progress go here.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:02 AM

    FYI: Gretchen, the frog was simply stamped onto the metal using titanium white acrylic paint. Easy peasy. An overwash of quin gold/black gives it the aged effect. Thanks for making such great rubber! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entries once again Gretchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretchen, you had me snortin' & gigglin' over here with those MAD news headlines!

    Wow, great art... I've been wanting to make something Alice N Wonderland too. Great inspiration!

    Our group button looks darn spiffy on your blog, the black background certainly makes it POP. What a HOT month October will be!

    We're on ocuntdown to the ADQ issue too... is it really under 2 months now before her debut??? INCREDIBLE.

    Thanks for dropping in, Monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL uh.. all those headlines turned my mind to mush (laughs)... let's make that "countdown" instead. !!!!

    I really should poofread before I send. ~Monica

    ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok my email to you just was returned said something about my note being SPAM?lol

    I'll leave my message to you here, "Thanks sew much for stopping in to help make my b-day just PERFECT!" :)

    Happy day to you, Monica :)

    ReplyDelete