Friday, June 20, 2008

More MadRat Mania Entries & New News

"Voodoo Queen" sent by Roberta S.
Wow, she went whole hog with the MadRat Rubber stamps. All of these images can be found at, you guessed it, MadRatRubber! Thanks Roberta!

"Momento Mori", (which means, remember death, in Latin)is sent in by Linn P. This is her 2nd card sent through snail mail, though it actually got here pretty fast. A nice collection of skeleton images. The ones that can be found @ MadRat Rubber are the words, Momento Mori & the background text, The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out, ... you know the rest. These can be found in the Halloween section of MadRatRubber.

Time is running out for anyone else who'd like to send something in. Let's say the deadline is midnight but I don't stay up that late, so any entries that come in after I shut my computer off will be posted in the morning.

Now for the new news...

I've got fairies!

To be more precise, flower fairies. I just added these to the web last night. They are made of resin and can be painted with acrylics, they measure 2-1/4 to 3" tall and have flat backs which are great for glueing down to your projects. I'm thinking maybe for a shrine or in a protected niche in an altered book. I have 4 different styles available, 2 of which are limited in quanity. They can be found in the Glass section of MadRat Rubber.

I've added 2 new ribbons to the Ribbon page.


These are 5/8" wide & sold by the yard. I've always liked these simple ribbons with the saddle stitching. I've include smaller versions in some of the collages I've done. The larger sizes are great if you want to add some stitching or wording in between the dotted lines.

More Milagros

I've added 5 more sets of Milagro's to the mix. It's taken me awhile to do this since I been sooo busy! Find these in the Metal section.

Last of the new announcements, for now,I've added a couple sets of Vintaj jewelry assortments to my Etsy store, MadRatMiscellanea.Etsy. The one pictured has bees, dragonflies, flowers & misc findings. If you're not familiar with Vintaj, it's a company that specializes in "natural" brass. It has a nice aged patina which I think is perfect for adding to altered art projects or jewelry. I will be adding this line to the charms section of the website when I can, hopefully within the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment