Thursday, November 11, 2010

This is a birthday card I made for my brother, his birthday was on November 7th - I'm a little late getting it to him since it's still sitting on my desk. Hopefully, it'll be a nice surprise when he does eventually get it.

It's a puppet card, since he can actually be manipulated - the photo shows 2 poses. I used my Pierrot Doll stamp, as well as the Small Reaching Hands found on this Alice page. The Pierrot doll's hands are covered by his sleeves so I cut the ends off & used the small hands instead. I stamped each arm twice, then cut them so I could articulate them at the elbow, then joined the various parts using the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Fasteners for the joints. They're the perfect size for this sorta thing. The doll parts were stamped onto a patterned paper then glued to "grunge paper" for extra resiliency. I hope it manages to make through the mail okay.
Happy belated Birthday Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment