Friday, August 22, 2008

The Queen - Card Art

Ta Daa, I made a card.
I guess this is my very 1st "official" card. Up to this point I've used my stamps on envelopes or "mail art" & various other projects. For some time now I've been wanting to spend a little time doing some handmade cards but just haven't had the time. So the other day I managed to shake a little time loose & spent several hours playing with my "stuff". I can justify it because I've been needing some samples for my wares, (MadRatRubber) and well, because I spent my birthday working on business stuff instead of having a little "Me" time, so I had a play date with myself & this was the results.

The doll above was made using several of my newer images; the band behind the doll & the border around the card are images from my Banners, Borders & Frames page, the crown is from Alice in Wonderland, the dress is from the Doll page (as well as the Chinese Dancer Doll whose arms & legs I used for this gal) The flower form in the background is from the Design Elements page. And last but not least, the woman's face is from one of my Collage Sheets.

I've got a couple more in progress but needed some supplies to complete them. I'm expecting some micro eyelets in so my "dolls" will have a little movement. Hopefully they'll be showing up soon so I can get them finished.

Remember, my Birthday Sale is still going on for another week so you still have time to get a bargain on some of your own "stuff" to play with. All the new images are on their own page for the time being - at the end of the month they'll be moved to their proper categories. To see the newest images go Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment